Large Commercial Chamber Vacuum Sealer
Types of Vacuum sealers
There are 2 general types of vacuum sealers sold for food storage. The suction vacuum sealer is readily available for under $100. However, it requires rolls and bags with a special mesh on one side in order to suck the air out during the vacuum process. Suction vacuum sealers are tedious to work with and frequently don’t yield a good seal. The other option is the Chamber vacuum sealer.
Advantages of a Vacuum Chamber Sealer
A chamber vacuum sealer evacuates the air from the entire chamber, and consequently, doesn’t require the special mesh. Moreover, it is able to work with a variety of different bag materials, thicknesses, and sizes. Importantly, the comparable rolls and bags for the chamber sealer are much cheaper than the mesh ones.Here is a video showing how it works.
There are other benefits:
- This sealer has 2 sealing bars which means it can seal 2 large bags or 4 small bags at once, so it is much faster
- Chamber sealers can seal bags with lots of liquids
- It can use most of types of bag materials including mylar and pe (polyethylene) bags
- Bags of various thickness are also available to provide better sealing even for products that have protruding bones or an exoskeleton.
- Thermal pouches can be used to make your own MRE containers designed to endure long boiling times
- Bags with integrated zipper tops can create a reusable bag for packaging jerky or trail mix, etc
Price comparison bags of the same size
- 8 x 12” Suction Vacuum bag full mesh - 20 cents ea
- 8 x 12” Vacuum Chamber 3-mil bags - 7 cents ea
Specification comparison with similar Chamber Vacuum Sealer
The Avid Armor GS41 is shipped from US.